What was the population density of India, as per the data of the 2011 Census?
- 382 persons/km2
- 250 persons/km2
- 470 persons/km2
- 324 persons/km2
Which of the following is the correct meaning of ‘Golden Quadrilateral’?
- It is a super-highway project linking Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai and Mumbai
- It consists of four- and six-lane express highways
- It forms the shape of a Quadrilateral
- All of the Above
Who has the power to make laws for land reforms?
- Central Government
- State Government
- Panchayati Raj Institutions
- Both ‘1’ and ‘2’
Forest Conservation Act was enacted in which year?
The black soil of India is generally rich in
- Organic matter
Which of the following factors influence South West Monsoon formation?
- The Tibetan Plateau
- The position of the Tropical Convergence Zone
- The differential heating and cooling of land and water
- All of the above
Which of the following lakes is located in Kerala?
- Kolleru Lake
- Loktak Lake
- Vembanad Lake
- Chilika Lake
Which of the following rivers does not originate in India?
The mainland India extends between latitudes _.
- 7°4’N and 57°6’N
- 6°4’N and 27°6’N
- 5°4’N and 47°6’N
- 8°4’N and 37°6’N
Damodar river originates from:-
- Chhotanagpur plateau
- Rajmahal plateau
- Eastern Ghats
Which of the following states does NOT share its border with Myanmar?
- Arunachal Pradesh
Where is Angel Falls located?
- United States of America
What was the percentage of India’s population to the World Population in 2011?
Where is the largest open-pit copper mine in the world?
- South Africa
The ________ region is responsible for 80% of Germany’s total steel production.
The __ in India are generally known as ‘Tidal Forests’.
- desert forests
- Mountain forests
- dry lands
The high salinity of the Mediterranean sea is majorly due to
- low evaporation
- influx of sea water
- high evaporation
- high precipitation
Cold water current flowing along Namibian Coast is known as
- Agulhas Current
- Benguela Current
- Humboldt Current
- Kuroshio Current
Tropical cyclones in Japan are called _______.
With respect to Article 371A of the Constitution of India, the Governor of which one of the following States has special responsibility with respect to law and order of the State?
- Andhra Pradesh
Who is the Presiding Officer of the State Legislative Assembly?
- Chief Minister
What is the ‘quorum’ required in the State Legislature to hold a meeting?
- Thirty members or one-tenth of the total membership, whichever is less
- One-half of the total membership of the House
- One-fourth of the total membership of the House
- Ten members or one-tenth of the total members of the House, whichever is greater
The fourth schedule of the Indian Constitution is related to which of the following?
- Validation of certain Acts and Regulations
- Allocation of seats in the Council of States
- Powers, authority and responsibilities of Municipalities, etc
- Powers, authority and responsibilities of Panchayats
From the following which is not the function of the State Council of Ministers?
- Decide the policy of the government
- Advise the governor at the time of high-level appointment
- Formation of budget
- Decide/Advise the time limit to the majority