Right to Education RTE 2009 Notes For Ctet

WhatsApp Group Join Now
Telegram Group Join Now
Instagram Group Join Now

Get Right to Education RTE 2009 Notes For Ctet and other teaching exams like Uptet,Kvs etc.

Right to Education (RTE) 2009

RTE 2009 : Education is a fundamental right of all children in the age- group of 6-14 years. It says that children in the age group of 6-14 years must be provided free compulsory education. After modification in 2009, the RTE Act was implemented from 1st April 2010.

On 1st April 2010, The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (RTE) Act, 2009 was implemented in the whole country except Jammu and Kashmir. Under the (RTE) act, all children in the age group of 6-14 years have a fundamental right to get an education and it is the duty of the state government, to provide free education. India stands 135th in the world, who declared the right to education for every child.

Characteristics of RTE

  1. The employees of the education department will conduct a door-to-door survey to identify the children of age group 6-14 years, who have not been enrolled in a school.
  2. No child will be declared ‘Failed’.
  3. Every teacher must put in at least 45 hours per week in educational/teaching activities.
  4. If a school has been established by a central government or union territory which does not have a legislative assembly, then the central govt. will be responsible for the welfare of such schools.
  5. No child can be declared failed up to class VIII.
  6. Primary education is from class I to VIII.
  7. According to RTE, a teacher should be assigned a maximum of 40 students which is more than the optimum ratio of 1:30 by the Kothari Commission. It states that for 60 students at least 2 trained teachers must be appointed.
  8. The School must be within 1 km from the residence of the student.
  9. Children can be admitted to a school within a span of 6 months from the beginning of the session.
  10. Under the RTE act a teacher has to maintain a record learning progress of students.
  11. Under RTE the provision of money spending on educational activities must be divided between state and central government. The state will contribute 35% of total cost and the rest 65% will be borne by Central Government. In the Nortern states the bifurcating will be as such that 90% of the total expenditure will be borne by centre and 10% by the individual State.
  12. Under RTE the school management committee is responsible for the grant and expenditure of fund that has been allocated to a school. The management committee will have 15 members out of which there will be one Chairman, one secretary and one treasurers and rest 12 members. 50% of seats will be reserved for ladies.

Role of Teacher according to RTE 2009

  1. The government will fix the salary of a teacher and the service rules and conditions as well.
  2. All people are eligible for the job of a teacher who have the necessary minimum qualification as laid down by the state or centre-approved officials.
  3. No teacher will employ himself or provide private teaching outside the school in any manner.

Ratio of Teachers According to RTE 2009

To increase the quality of education RTE has laid down the optimum Teacher-student ratio. So that teacher is not over burdened which may affect his performance adversely Teacher-student Ratio from class I to V.

S.No. No. of Teachers

S.No.No. of TeachersNo. of Students
12 Teachers60 Students
23 Teachers60-91 Students
34 Teachers91-121 Students
45 Teacher and 1 headteacher121-150 Students
55 Teachers and 1 headteacherMore than 150 Students

Note: If the no. of students is more than 200 then the teacher-student ratio is 1:40 because we do not include Headmaster in this.

Leave a Comment